PLEASE trust me, if you don’t like olives DO NOT take them out of this recipe, just don’t eat them! The dish needs the olives to develop the flavor and it will not taste the same without it! Here is a recipe video on how I made this!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ground chicken or turkey
- 150g diced onion
- 125g diced bell pepper
- 2 8oz cans of tomato sauce
- 3/4 bottle of red cooking wine – you want to use enough wine so the meat mixture is covered
- 15g green olives Splash of olive juice
- 40g raisins
- Sauté peppers and onions with a sprinkle of salt until soft – 5 min.
- Add ground beef, stir & break up beef until brown.
- Add tomato sauce, wine, olives, raisins & olive juice.
- Stir. Let simmer for 20-30 min or until thick.