- 1 can reduced fat coconut milk
- 6oz can Tomato Paste
- 1 TBSP Paprika
- 1 TBSP Cumin
- 1 TBSP Curry Powder
- 1 TBSP Salt
- 1 TSP Coriander
- 1 Onion cut in quarters
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 4-5 Chicken Breasts
- 2-3 Large Sweet Potatoes – peeled & cubed *or 1 whole butternut squash peeled & cubed
- 1 Large Head Broccoli
- *lemon & cilantro optional but recommended
- **Bag of spinach – optional for extra veggies
- ***Can of chickpeas drained & rinsed for fiber – optional
- Place coconut milk & tomato paste in your crockpot and stir.
- Add all seasonings, onion, garlic & stir.
- Add chicken to the crockpot, cover & cook on high for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove the chicken and add the cubed & peeled sweet potatoes (or butternut squash) stir into sauce and cook for 1 hour
- After 1 hour, add broccoli to the crockpot and finish cooking for another 45-60 minutes.
- *Stir in bag of spinach until wilted & drained, rinsed chickpeas if using
- Spoon mixture in a bowl, top with salt, lemon juice and cilantro!
***Ways to repurpose***
- Add butternut squash or white potato
- Make into a salad
- Make into a rice bowl (can use white rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice or a mixture of rice & cauliflower rice)
- Take curry chicken and make lettuce wraps, tacos, eat with Naan bread