I AM SO OBSESSED WITH THIS SANDWICH!!! I think about it every single day, not going to lie! And its super easy to meal prep because you just roast the veggies in bulk ahead of time and spend 3 min putting the sandwich together the day or morning of!
•2 slices sprouted bread
•1/2 Avocado mashed with lemon, salt, pepper.
•Vegan Avocado Oil Mayo (primal kitchen)
•Egg Plant – Sliced
•Bell Pepper – seeds & core removed, cut in half
•1/2 Yellow Onion
•Heirloom Tomato – sliced
•Baby Spinach or Kale
•Optional: Sliced Pickled Beet, Tempeh Bacon
- Pre-heat oven to 425°
- Slice eggplant, lay on a paper towel and sprinkle both sides with salt.
- Let sit for 20 min then rinse and pat dry dry dry with a paper towel.
- Cut top off bell pepper, remove seeds and core, cut in half.
- Take 1/2 yellow onion and peel layers so you have little half moons.
- Lay eggplant, bell pepper & onion slices on a lined baking sheet & sprinkle with salt & dried oregano.
- Bake for 10 min, flip eggplant, bake another 10 min.
- Remove from oven & put the roasted pepper in a zip lock bag for 5 min to steam so you can easily remove the skin. Now you’re ready assemble the sandwich..
- *if using Tempeh Bacon (found at Whole Foods) spray with oil and air fry on 370 for 10-15 min. This is super delicious on the sandwich but I only add when I have the extra time to air fry*
- Take the mashed avocado and spread on 1 slice of bread.
- Take 1/2 Tbsp vegan mayo and spread on the other half.
- On the slice of bread with the mashed avocado, layer a small handful of baby spinach, 1 sliced picked beet if using, 2-3 eggplant slices, 1/2 of the roasted bell pepper, a few pieces of roasted onion, 1 thin slice of an heirloom tomato, 4 slices of tempeh bacon if using, top with sprouts & put the other slice of bread on top!
- Slice in half and enjoy!! I usually have a side of roasted veggies like buffalo cauliflower or charred broccoli.