- 1/2-3/4 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1/2c cup Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- Handful Kale or Spinach (optional)
- A few Pickled Beets (optional but so good)
- A few Cherry Tomatoes
- A few Roasted Red Pepper Strips (i buy the strips in a jar)
- Handful Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower
- Lemon, Salt, Garlic Powder
- Drizzle of Tahini *optional (healthy fat or can add 1/4-1/2 avocado)
- 2 Tbsp Sheeps milk feta *optional (more protein)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- (1 cup quinoa & 2 cups water on the stove to boil. When water is boiling, turn heat down and wait until it is simmering, then put a top on the pot and let simmer for 15 min)
- Drain & Rinse Chickpeas.
- Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower: Toss in olive oil & salt. Roast on 425 for 18 min then heat under the broiler for 1-3 min or until charred.
- Add a handful of spinach or massaged kale to the bottom of your bowl or container. Top with warm quinoa & 1/2 c chickpeas. Let this sit on top of the greens so they start to wilt a little bit.
- Add salt & garlic powder, sir it all together and add pickled beets, tomatoes & roasted red pepper strips (I buy these in a jar, so easy!). Add lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Top the bowl with the roasted broccoli & cauliflower, a sprinkle of salt & a drizzle of tahini if using. You can top with this feta (I recommend sheeps milk for better digestion) & you have a very high protein meal without any animal meat! If you want to add more protein, add ground chicken or turkey for a quick option or sautéed shrimp or seared salmon!