I love this meal i love this meal I LOVE THIS MEAL!!!! The tahini dressing is ADDICTING and I could eat it on literally everything for the rest of my life (im a little dramatic but seriously, its that good! This recipe works really well for Meal Prep! This recipe is for 1 large serving, so if you want to meal prep this recipe just increase the ingredients that you use. There is no special measurements for this, it all comes to your personal preference and how big of a salad bowl you want!
- 1 1/2 Large Handfuls of Kale
- 1/2 Cup Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/2 Bell Pepper cut into strips
- 1 Shallot or 1/4 yellow onion cut into strips
- 3 Pickled Beets (optional but they are really good. These are my favorite)
- 1 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
- 1 Sausage Link (I used the No Evil Foods Vegan Sausage but you can use whatever you like!)
- 1 Cup Roasted Acorn Squash (or butternut)
- Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika (or you can skip the garlic & paprika and use curry powder, thats what I did because I LOVE roasted veggies & squash with curry powder
- 1 TBSP Tahini
- 1/2 TBSP Maple Syrup
- 1 Lemon
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil *optional*
- For the squash: Preheat oven to 425. Cut Squash in half, scoop out seeds, cut into strips. In a large bowl spray squash with cooking spray (or if you don’t mind using oil, drizzle 1/2 T of olive oil on the squash) and season with salt, pepper, garlic & smoked paprika (or curry). Line your squash on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, flip and roast for another 5-10 minutes checking with a fork at the 5 minute mark to check if the squash is done (this depends on how thick you cut your squash. I personally like cutting thicker strips about 1 inch thick). Remove from oven and let cool.
- *TIP: I like to cook my squash in bulk for the week to make preparation super easy but you can make this the day of too!)
- For the Kale Salad: Heat a pan on med high heat and spray with cooking spray or add 1/2 T olive oil to the pan (i recommend using the oil).
- When the pan is warm, add your pepper & onion strips and sprinkle salt. Let veggies cook for 3-5 minutes then add kale to the pan. Add another pinch of salt, stir until kale is wilted.
- As veggies are cooking & once squash has cooled, I like to peel the skin off the squash but this is totally optional.
- Cut the strips of squash into large chunks and add 1 cup of the squash to your pan.
- Season everything with Garlic Powder, Salt & juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Stir, turn off heat and let cool down.
- When veggie mixture is cooling, slice your beets into quarters & start to make your tahini dressing:
- Tahini Dressing: In a small bowl add 1 Tbsp Tahini, 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup, juice from 1/2 lemon and a pinch of salt. Taste and add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter. Measurements will change based on your preference.
- In a bowl add your veggie mixture, add beets, sprinkle hemp hearts over the top and drizzle the tahini dressing over the top!