This is a great low calorie make ahead dinner (or perfect for meal prep)! If you have a man in your life that doesn’t want the spaghetti squash (trust me, i feel you on this) make pasta on the stove for him and simply dish out the sauce and meatballs from the crock pot and you have the perfect, healthy family meal!
Click below to watch the video!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash cut in half, seeds removed
- 1lb ground chicken
- tomato sauce
- Broccoli – steamed
- Garlic Powder
- 21 Seasoning Salute (or any Italian Blend)
- Red Pepper Flakes *optional
- Add about 1 cup tomato sauce to the bottom of your crock pot. Season squash with S&P
- & place on top of sauce.
- Season ground chicken with spices and roll into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on the sauce, sprinkle with salt and over with more cause. Add red pepper flakes.
- Cook on High for 4 hours. Remove squash, stir in pre-steamed broccoli to reheat
- *Add fresh basil and parm cheese when you eat it! YUM!
How to repurpose:
There is not much more you can do with spaghetti squash and meatballs but you could add spinach and shrimp if you have left over squash! Or make gluten free spaghetti and have a mix of the spaghetti and squash!