I AM SO HYPE ABOUT THIS RECIPE:
🥁Anti Inflammatory Savory Oats!
Anti-Inflammatory, filling & EASY meal you can eat breakfast, lunch or dinner! .You can eat this any time of day & meal prep parts of this so you can throw it together in 5 minutes!
- 1/2 cup (45g) Gluten Free Oatmeal
- Mushrooms – sliced
- Cherry Tomates – halved
- Fresh Ginger – grated
- Fresh Turmeric – grated
- 1 T Curry Powder
- 2 T Green Onion
- Coconut Oil
- 1 Cup Egg Whites
- Whole Egg
- Oatmeal: Heat 1 cup water on high until boiling. Add oats, salt & reduce heat, simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Heat a pan on med high, add cooking spray & a little coconut oil. Add mushrooms with a sprinkle of salt. Cook for 3-5 minutes then add tomatoes.
- Season tomatoes & mushrooms with fresh grated ginger & turmeric (I eye balled this, but aim for 1/2 tsp of ginger & 1/4 tsp of turmeric). Add green onions, cook & stir for about 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
- Once oats are cooked, sprinkle 1/2 Tbsp curry powder & a few cracks of pink salt & pepper into oats. Stir veggies into oats & add chopped fresh cilantro. Taste oats to see if you need to add more seasoning or salt. I like my oats to be very flavorful so I may add extra curry powder & salt.
- Add oats & veggies to a bowl & preheat a pan on med high heat. Spray with cooking spray & add egg whites, salt & pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes then add egg whites to your bowl.
- After you’ve removed egg whites, turn heat to med low & add more cooking spray. Crack an egg into your pan and season with salt & pepper. Add a little water to the pan and cover to cook egg. Remove from heat once egg white is fully cooked and yolk is runny – or for a more cooked yolk wait until there is a white film over the yolk then remove from heat and add to your bowl.
- To finish *optional* add a small drizzle of coconut oil over the top, sprinkle cilantro & salsa.
To Meal Prep:
Make oats in bulk. Make veggies in bulk. Throw together in the morning & make eggs fresh. To make even easier, skip the whole egg & pre-cook chicken sausage links.