Do you want to learn how to make PERFECT Salmon EVERY SINGLE TIME!? I got your back!
One huge pet peeve of mine is when someone says “I don’t like that food” when they have only tried it in one preparation and never tries it again! I hear this way too much about seafood and I truly believe people say this because they don’t know how to properly cook it! Fish is not supposed to taste OR smell like fish. If you cook Salmon and it makes your house smell like fish, that means you’ve overcooked it. Here is how to cook your salmon perfect every single time!
Ingredients & Directions:
- Pre Heat Oven to 350 & Pre Heat a pan on your stove to Med-High Heat.
- Season your Salmon with salt and your favorite rub! My absolute favorite is by Tom Douglas simple called “Salmon Rub” sold on surlatable.com
- Spray pan with cooking spray and add about a 1/2 tsp of coconut oil.
- Lay Salmon on your pan and cook for 2 minutes. (If you have skin on your salmon, also sear skin side down first)
- After 2 minutes, spray the raw side of your salmon with cooking spray and flip. Transfer immediately to your 350-degree oven and cook for 3-5 minutes depending on the size and thickness of your salmon.
- If you take anything away from this post PLEASE let it be this‼️
- Your Salmon (as well as any meat) will continue to cook and come to temperature in the center when you take it out of the oven. Move your Salmon from the pan to a plate AND LET IT REST FOR 5 MINUTES. Today I cooked this piece of Salmon for 3 minutes in the oven, let it rest and it was the most perfectly cooked, moist, fall apart tender delicious piece of Salmon!
Try cooking your salmon this way and I promise you will impress your family and friends. If you don’t cook it for too long in the oven (I only recommend 5 minutes in the oven for THICK pieces) reheating your Salmon will never smell fishy!
To Finish This Meal:
Dress some Arugula and Cherry Tomatoes with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Top with my Broccoli Pear Slaw, Goji Berries, and Slivered Almonds. Top with Salmon, lemon juice, salt, and pepper! For the full recipe, be sure to watch my YouTube video!!