NO PASTA, NO GRAINS with my low-calorie bang bang shrimp lo mein! You have to try this recipe! Serves 6
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- Package sugar snap peas
- Trader Joes butternut squash spirals
- Trader Joes carrot spirals
- Garlic powder & Salt
For the Bang Bang sauce:
- 1/2c plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1/3c sweet chili sauce (Asian section of your store, got mine from Trader Joes)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1-1 1/2 TBSP sriracha (i like spice so I used 1 1/2 TBSP)
- 1/2 TBSP honey
- Juice from 2 limes
- Tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (i used 1 tsp bc I love spice)
- Set a pan on med-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and garlic powder. Cook 2 min each side. Set aside.
- In the same pan, shrimp was cooking in, add bell pepper strips and sprinkle with salt. Cook over med-high heat for 3 minutes. Add sugar snap peas, pinch more of salt and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Cook another 3 minutes.
- While peppers and snap peas are cooking, steam butternut squash spirals in the microwave for 2:30, then steam carrot spirals for 2:30. Add butternut squash, carrots and cooked shrimp to your pan and mix. Remove from heat.
- Add sauce to your mixture and stir to coat. Add sauce in batches so you can make as creamy as you like. This should be creamy but not soupy.
Serve in bowls and enjoy!